Skin lightening is a cosmetic procedure aimed at lightening dark areas of the skin. Some people lighten the face to improve the appearance of blemishes whereas others use it for intimate area lightening. Ideally, skin lightening procedures work by exfoliating and reducing melanin concentrations around the skin. Melanin is the skin coloring pigment. High amounts of melanin around the skin often make it appear darker.
If you intend to lighten your skin in any way, skin lightening is a significant decision. Thus, you need to be sure of why you are going for it and avoid making rash decisions. It could be great if you discussed this method with your doctor before making any move. You might be surprised to get a medical reason why a certain method is appropriate or why the whole procedure is not right for you.
Skin lightening creams
The use of skin lightening creams is highly preferred when it comes to skin lightening. Some skin bleaching creams have ingredients like hydroquinone and corticosteroids. As such, you should avoid using products that have not been prescribed by the doctor considering that they might adversely affect your health. You also need to do due diligence on your part by checking the ingredients used in a particular product before buying it.
How to use a skin lightening cream
It is advisable to get the usage directions and recommendations from your dermatologist. In case you are not able to get to one, the following directives will help use a skin bleaching accordingly.
- Use it sparingly for one or two times a day on the area you want to lighten.
- As much as possible, you should avoid having the cream get to other parts of your body like the eyes, nose or any other sensitive body part.
- Use a cotton bud to apply the cream. Also, wash your hands thoroughly before and after you apply the cream.
- Avoid getting into contact with another person’s skin after application for at least a few hours.
- Use sun cream to protect these sensitive areas when going outside.
If you are prescribed to using a skin lightening product by a doctor, they should be able to highlight the pros and cons of that product before allowing you to use it. To be on the safe side, it is imperative to ensure you use natural skin bleaching products without harmful ingredients.
If you have any plans of bleaching your skin soon, http://stylevanity.com/2017/09/skin-bleaching-tips.html provides valuable insights and recommendation for safe skin bleaching.